5 tips on finding the right doctor for you
The New Year can bring changes in your insurance. Change can be scary, especially if you’ve already found a doctor who you feel comfortable with and now they’re not covered by your insurance plan.
- Did your insurance plan change for 2020?
- Are you looking to switch healthcare providers?
- Is this your first-time being on your own health insurance plan?
Understanding your insurance and what doctor you can see can sometimes be difficult to navigate. Here are some tips on finding a doctor within your insurance plan:
- Identify what kind of doctor you are looking for.
- Research the doctor by reading the provider’s biography. Ask your friends and family for recommendations, too.
- Use your insurance online portal or call your insurance provider to see what doctors are in-network with your insurance plan. The phone number and web address are usually found on the back of your insurance card.
- Ask your insurance provider what types of services are covered with your plan.
- Ask your insurance provider what your benefits are so you understand what financial responsibility you may have at your appointment.
Women’s Health Specialists has a caring team of individuals who will help you feel comfortable and confident in your healthcare decisions. We have a Financial Counselor on site, to help assist with any insurance questions you may have. If you are a woman, scheduling an appointment with an OB/GYN is important at all stages of life. If you are struggling with menopause, trying to figure out what birth control option is best for you, are expecting or trying to get pregnant, these are just a few of the things Women’s Health Specialists can help with.
For more information or to schedule an exam, please visit us at foxvalleyobgyn.com or call us at 920.749.4000.